What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is constantly varied, functional movements performed at high intensity. And what exactly does that mean?
Constantly Varied - We do different, FUN workouts every single day.
Functional Movements - These are real life movements that require your whole body to work together from core to extremity. We do not do bicep curls or leg extensions. We perform movements that allow you to pick up your children, carry groceries, and get a dish off the top shelf. Our functional movements will improve your way of life.
High Intensity - Our workouts are short and to the point, fast and furious, rarely over 15-20 min long. These high intensity workouts increase your energy making you feel and look better than you ever have before. No more back and bi day followed by 45 min on the treadmill. Get in, do work, and get out. You will see results you will like.
Our mission is to make you more fit. So what does it mean to be fit?
The Definition of Fitness: Increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains. To put it simply, it means the ability to do more stuff, for longer periods of time, that are hard to do, and do them better than before.
CrossFit measures fitness through 10 general physical skills:
1. Cardio endurance - body’s ability to process oxygen
2. Stamina - muscles' ability to process glycogen (energy)
3. Strength - your muscles' ability to apply force
4. Flexibility - ability to maximize range of motion at a joint
5. Speed - ability to minimize time cycle of a repeated movement
6. Power - ability of the body to apply maximum force in minimum time
7. Coordination - ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into one movement
8. Agility - ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another
9. Balance - control the body's center of gravity over its base
10. Accuracy - control movement in a given direction or at certain intensity
CrossFit will help you improve in all 10 of these domains leading to a healthier, more fit life.
Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.
Contact us to set up your two FREE trial classes and get started in our OnRamp Program:
Owner and Coach: Christie Neighbors
Address: 8421 W. 191st St., Mokena, IL 60448
The OnRamp Program consists of 3 classes in which new members learn the basic foundational movements of CrossFit and experience three different WODs (Workout Of the Day).